- Why is this a problem? Because everytime the City is sued, your being sued, after all its your money paying the costs or the insurance premium!
- You pay the insurance premiums, the City must pay to defend these lawsuits, sometimes with insurance sometimes wthout insurance coverage.
- Do you think our insurance carrier, League of Minnesota Cities is happy to be spending mutiple thousands on legal fees for garbage nuisance lawsuits?
- Think maybe our insurance premiums might change?
- Money spent on this stuff is less money for roads, public safety, maintenance, etc!
Utterly failed to state ONE single claim to which the Federal Judge could even consider.
This lawsuit ran to hundreds and hundreds of pages, inch + thick.
Lanoux's deposition alone was 105 pages long !
Sorry, we know it cost the City thousands but that is a serious smackdown from a FEDERAL Judge: you don't see that every day!
But wait, theres more....
A quorum of planning commissioners, along with Huber, Carr and the city administrator are currently engaged in a lawsuit for open meeting violations. The lawsuit brought by Councilmen Lanoux and Sederstrom. Didn't mention this was after a Planning Commission (PC) meeting not before.
The suit alleges the planning commission colluded AFTER the meeting was over doesn't even make sense, its just silly!
The suit alleges the City Council colluded to GIVE lanoux his CUP for his horse farm, you read it right colluded to GIVE him his permit!! Wait what... They asked him a year before to "PLEASE" get his permit.
Why did Lanoux contradict himself in court filings? ( when we get them, you'll see them) We hear the court may SANCTION Lanoux/Sederstrom and/or their attorney for this latest garbage suit, time will tell. The Judges decision will be published here so you can decide.
The Judge during the hearing (October 5, 2018) told Lanoux to sit down and stop interrupting.
Yep, that's our Larry Lanoux alright..